Tool & Die Maker (#12490) - Central Connecticut
Industry: Metal Stamping
United Employment Group is seeking a Tool & Die Maker in Central Connecticut.
The Tool & Die Maker applies knowledge of tool and die design and construction, shop mathematics, metal properties and layout, machining, and assembly procedures to repair and fabricate dies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and debugs progressive and multislide tooling.
- Repair of any machines parts .
- Builds dies, replacement parts, gauges and special
- Plans out jobs and routes throughout
- Orders and expedites materials and
- Performs in-process
- Assist in set-up and operation as Evaluates any problems with presses, feeds, etc.
- Completes safety inspections on tools prior to sending
- Installs tool sensors when applicable.
- Must be able to operate all tool room equipment including, but not limited to, lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, jig grinders, drill presses,
- Must be able to read
- Must be familiar with ISO/QS/TS
- Must have a working knowledge of
- Must have knowledge of the application of steels and carbides
- Must be flexible in working
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Must have completed a formal Tool and Die Maker Apprenticeship program and possess a journeyman's certificate; equivalent work experience and/or tool and die related courses accepted.
- Previous tool room experience (5 years minimum).
- Must be able to lift 40