Technical Manager - Cement Additives (#12151) - Texas
Industry: Concrete Construction Suppliers
Seeking a Technical Manager for Cement Additives!
This position is tasked with providing all aspects of technical support to our cement additive sales team and cement additive customers.
Interfaces and Responsibilities:
Key internal interfaces will be with the Cement Lab Manager, Research and Development/Quality Control Manager, Director of Sales/Marketing - Cement, Director of Technical Services, and President. This position will work collaboratively with the entire organization in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a Technical ambassador for the sales team; subject matter expert to provide feedback and troubleshooting information for customers
- Serve as an industry expert on the latest cement additive technology, cement manufacturing technology, equipment, and best practices in effort to keep company competitive
- Provide active customer support via industrial trials (both on-site and off-site as specified), special projects, data analysis, and report generation that facilitates retention of existing customers and acquisition of new customers/prospects
- Evaluate and provide conclusions and action items regarding data created by the cement lab
- Effectively work with R&D department to prepare for new products and associated launches
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years’ experience or equivalent combination
- Passion for technical knowledge and learning
- Entrepreneurial drive is a key attribute for this role
- Strong technical background along with experience working in a labs and in the field
- Ability to communicate about cement additive products effectively as well as introduce new products