Senior Design Engineer - Tilt-Up (#6629) - East Coast (remote available)
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Senior Tilt-Up Engineer to approve drawings and develop/mentor EIT on staff
The successful candidate will oversee the design process utilizing Revit models and shop drawings adapted from architectural and structural plans and used by project personnel in the erection of concrete forming systems.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports the planning and estimating stage of projects to ensure the most efficient, safe and economical form system are incorporated into the project design.
• Supervises and directs the activity and development of several exempt and nonexempt positions with regard to the technical aspects of formwork design/layout, forming materials, system selection and proper implementation.
• Participates in and oversees the preparation of accurate formwork layout drawings and erection instructions for field crews.
• Works closely with the project team monitoring the safety, cost and scheduling of construction projects.
• Troubleshoots and resolves concerns regarding structural design with project team.
• Contributes to the projects safety goals by reducing hazards during the design planning state ensuring that all formwork systems meet construction and safety standards.
• Oversees and coordinates material purchases, deliveries, tracking and forecasting ensuring maximum utilization of the company’s physical resources.
• Stays abreast of innovative developments and incorporates these advancements in the development and design of new forming systems/equipment intended to expand the company’s productivity, capabilities and market share.
• Develops and maintains customer relationships to enhance company’s ability to procure projects, reduce risk, and ensure operational efficiency.
• Works in cooperation with other office personnel to negotiate and execute sales contracts consistent with policies.
• Assists with the development and coordination of material and equipment schedules and promotes their efficient use.
• Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering, or related engineering degree.
• Minimum of seven years’ experience supporting similar key responsibilities.
• Extensive experience reading structural drawings and performing computer-aided design utilizing formwork engineering methods.
• Advanced knowledge of BIM Modeling and AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of construction formwork systems, take-offs and estimating processes obtained from education or industry experience.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks, with an emphasis on thoroughness, attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
• Advanced PC skills, specifically in a Windows environment, including collecting and analyzing data in Excel, and creating documents and preparing correspondence in Outlook and Word.
• Knowledgeable of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
• PE, Professional Engineering License.
• Commercial building construction experience with specialized experience in structural design.
• BIM experience utilizing Autodesk Design Suite software.