Sales Engineer - Block/Paver Plants (#12932) - Central US
Industry: Concrete Construction Suppliers
Seeking a sales engineer to call on block/paver producers throughout the Central US region!
Our Sales Engineer team is made of talented business-oriented professionals who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on offer diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions.
- ~75% of your month is spent traveling to accommodate concrete products producer customer’s needs. Customers are concrete paver, block, landscape products, ready-mix, and precast producers. Visit existing customer base and call on potential new customers.
- ~25% of your month is split between finding creative approaches for identified customer needs, growing current customer relationships, and fostering new customer relationships.
- Represent and utilize our domestic and international partners’ expertise to upgrade and improve customer’s equipment and processes in both existing and new facilities. Integrate new equipment into existing and/or new facilities.
- Learn our partner’s capabilities and become familiar with all standard equipment and processes.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the sales and installation process including understanding and identifying customer needs, working with our partners to create solutions, presenting and selling solutions, assist in planning installation, follow-up with the customer after installation.
- Use email, phone, social media, text, mail, and regular in-person visits to maintain contact with customers and potential customers to understand their changing needs and utilize our capabilities to offer solutions.
- Weekly sales reporting on customer contacts and requests and attend regular sales team calls.
- Create presentations tailored to individual customer needs with the assistance of the sales support team.
- Attend and participate in industry association functions.
- 5 years prior relevant industry experience selling custom high-end automation equipment, or technical background
- Possess a winning and creative approach to work when identifying customer solutions.
- History of maintaining and submitting appropriate records for forecasting quote status and expenses.
- Proven ability to continually contact prospective customers based on leads from industry events, business directories, or other sources.
- Clean driving record.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Experience with SugarCRM or similar
- Base salary + commission pay
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off