Refrigeration Mechanic Operator Level 1 (#11613) - Louisiana
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Monitor and repair all the refrigeration equipment and air conditioning.
- Monitor and repair all the refrigeration equipment and air conditioning. Maintain the desired temperatures in the Perishable Department. Reports directly to the Maintenance Refrigeration Supervisor the status of all task assigned including but not limited to HVAC, PLC controls, and Ammonia Refrigeration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor compressor operation, oil levels and pressure levels.
- Monitor and drain surge pots and accumulator oil traps.
- Repair and maintain A/C chillers.
- Drain condensing tower and clean (annually).
- Monitor/clean out refrigeration coils.
- Monitor and maintain logs of Ammonia refrigeration system.
- Make necessary repairs on the following: lights, inventory racks, automatic doors, all belts and motors, ammonia and Freon leaks, water lines, guard rails, clogged drains.
- Change all A/C filters.
- Accurately maintain records including personnel work order assignments, labor charges, assets and PM maintenance records of the facility using eMaint CMMS system.
- Monitor temperatures in refrigeration rooms.
- Keep compressor, electrical, and parts rooms clean and in order.
- Interact and/or supervise outside vendors and/or contractors working in the facility.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Universal Refrigeration Certificate
- Ammonia Operator 1 certified
- RETA CARO or CIRO certifiable
- Valid driver’s license and appropriate motor vehicle record preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Able and willing to work as part of a team
- Detail orientated
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new and improve existing skills
- Willing to ask questions
- Safety conscious
- Basic knowledge of single and three phase circuits
- Basic understanding and experience with rotating machinery maintenance.
- Basic understanding of the refrigeration process
- Basic understanding and familiarity of common refrigeration components and their operation
- Replace and/or repair common refrigeration components
- Ability to troubleshoot basic single and three phase electric circuits
- Perform refrigeration equipment maintenance tasks
- In depth understating of safety procedures
Basic understanding of the Mechanical Integrity regulations of the PSM/RMP program