Refrigeration Design Manager (#11689) - California
Industry: Design and Construction
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Position is responsible for managing and supervising the refrigeration design group. Oversee the design and installation of all new industrial refrigeration and compressed air projects.
Position is responsible for managing and supervising the refrigeration design group. Oversee the design and installation of all new industrial refrigeration and compressed air projects. Provide regulatory standards and general refrigeration support for all company facilities. Provide leadership and coaching for all department staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Efficiently manage company’s refrigeration design group.
- Provide strategic direction for industrial refrigeration systems design, infrastructure, compliance, and efficiency.
- Manage all refrigeration projects.
- Lead the development and implementation of specifications and ensure all projects and maintenance meet established specifications, requirements, and compliance.
- Use AutoCAD software to develop detailed designs.
- Provide technical expertise and training to project managers, production, compliance, safety, and maintenance teams.
- Interface with vendors and contractors ensuring mechanical, refrigeration specifications, and system requirements are incorporated from preliminary design through execution of projects.
- Participate and provide technical expertise for company ammonia process safety management program.
- Work with project management team in the development of project scope, design, and budget.
- Collaborate with industry colleagues on best practices to develop a culture of high performance and safety.
- Develop standard operating procedures and provide training to personnel.
- Ability to frequently move about inside the office and food processing facilities (including stairs and walking in uneven surfaces).
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout much of the working day.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment.
- Ability to inspect equipment and product.
- Ability to work on uneven terrain.
- Work in wet and damp environment.
- Must be able to work in a high noise area.
- Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as -20° F to 32° F).
- Must be able to move items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- College degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or comparable Engineering Technology, preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in industrial ammonia refrigeration design.
- Experience with compressed air systems a plus.
- Successful experience in managing employees.
- Have working knowledge of PSM (Process Safety Management) Program and regulatory requirements.
- Willing to travel when necessary both out of state and around Kern County.
- Must be organized with proven multi-tasking capabilities and project management.
- Good listener and team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation.
BENEFITS - ADMINISTRATIVE EMPLOYEES:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting schedule
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La Verne
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout California
- Work life balance