Quality/OpEX Manager (#12404) - TX
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a quality manager.
• Oversee fundamental programs such as Process Control, Document Control and Quality Management System
• Develop control plans, train employees to properly execute and record quality testing, and validate results to assure compliance with industry standards and/or specific project specification requirements
• Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends including failed processes and corrective actions.
• Oversee regularly scheduled department level Quality meetings and Gemba Walks to engage plant employees in efforts to improve quality and processes.
• Oversee Material Discrepancy Report program
• Resolve quality issues with vendors, customers, and other operations.
• Lead and coordinate OpEx development strategies, initiatives, activities, coaching and training
• Facilitate workshops and improvement strategies utilizing OpEx toolbox methods
• Direct, delegate and coach CI/Quality Engineers, Quality Specialists and Quality Technicians
• Analyze data to predict potential problems and take preventive actions.
• Develop and follow up on action plans for critical process variables in order to meet critical product characteristics.
• Provide investigation, response, and follow up to product quality issues, manufacturing issues, and outsourced component issues.
• Collaborate with process owners and engineers to continuously improve processes and products.
• Develop and improve standard operating procedures and work instructions.
• Support safety culture of Zero Harm
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quality, or other related field.
• 5 + years of experience utilizing Process Improvement/Lean/Quality Assurance tools and methodology.
• ASQ, Lean, Six Sigma Certifications highly desirable.
• Previous experience developing and implementing quality systems, including but not limited to tools such as PFMEA, control plans, standardized work and layer audits.
• 5 + years of Manufacturing experience (fenestration industry, metal fabrication, glazing, and or metal finishing preferred)
• Expert problem solving skills.
• Change agent.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
• Ability to perform statistical analysis.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
• Innovative: able to develop solutions to key problems with little direction.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job