Quality Engineer (#12536) - Northeast Ohio
Industry: Metal Stamping
United Employment Group is seeking a Quality Engineer in Northeast Ohio.
Support the organization as a quality resource with proactive process analysis and resolution continuously improving quality methodology according to the Company Quality Policy.
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (or a related field) and experience with an automotive supplier (preferably in the quality environment of a stamping supplier).
- Qualified candidates will also possess the ability to establish and maintain good customer relations, strong analytical and problem solving skills, exposure with the APQP process and associated quality documents, blue print reading, datum schemes, GD&T, DOE, solid computer skills, including Windows, Outlook, Excel, and statistical software programs (such as Minitab), excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and an excellent work record, including attendance.
- Support manufacturing operations for all quality activities and provide accurate and timely information, data and reports as requested.
- Provide presence on the production floor and develop positive relationships with manufacturing personnel. Attend all production meetings as scheduled.
- Timely review and disposition of all non-conforming material.
- Own customer and internal quality concerns from receipt to closure. Lead investigation to determine root cause using 8D or 5-Why problem solving tools. Implement permanent corrective actions. Verify implementation and standardization across the plant.
- Conduct weekly 8D review meetings and drive closure of Customer Concerns.
- Works in conjunction with the Product Launch Engineers to maintain PFMEAs, Control Plans, Process Flows, and inspection check sheets to ensure customer specific specifications and standards for products, application, and documentation are included after launch.
- Own quality-related goals and drive improvement to key measures.
- Participate in lean initiatives, including 6 Sigma, CIA’s, 5S, and standardized work. Suggest, document, and implement ideas to increase personal or plant efficiency.
- Participate in PSO and capability runs to verify that new projects meet part design and quality requirements through review of capability run results.
- Communicate verbally and in writing using appropriate language and tone.
- Assist in maintaining values (Integrity, People, Customer, Ownership, We can if…, Do what it takes…Safely) daily, through words and actions.
- Suggest and implement ideas to increase personal and departmental efficiency.
- Anticipate problems and work to eliminate them before they happen.
- Maintain an efficient work area.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, TS16949, and safety regulations.