Quality Engineer (#11996) - IN
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for experienced quality engineer.
The Quality Engineer will lead and/or participate in process improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and ensuring compliance to customer requirements and applicable industry standards and specifications.
- Collects organizes and analyses data from manufacturing processes, monitors process capability and identifies key areas for improvement;
- Collects and reports data for key quality objectives (% Scrap/Pound, Internal & External Quality Costs);
- Tracks Supplier Quality issues;
- Visits suppliers as needed to resolve issues;
- Tracks supplier issues and achieves resolution and closure in timely manner;
- Qualifies potential suppliers;
- Tracks customer complaints and organizes responses to resolve customer concerns;
- Tracks problem solving activities including implementation dates and monitor effectiveness of actions;
- Tracks internal problem-solving activities including implementation dates and monitor effectiveness of actions (Daily);
- Issues Quality Alerts and follows up on Corrective Actions;
- Develops Tracking system for Quality Alerts, Corrective Actions, and SCAR’s;
- Supports generation of SPC templates for Press Data Collection for Product Improvement;
- Supports Capital Project Implementation to improve lab throughput and Streamline Data Streams;
- Specifies, reviews design, Implement High Speed Saw for Mechanical Lab;
- Develops Code to Transfer Data directly from ARL into EPICS/Dynamics Databases;
- Collects data from manufacturing processes, monitors process capability, and identifies key areas for improvement;
- Serves as a quality auditor and compiles all audit results;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Chemistry or Physics;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing and quality assurance;
- Demonstrated experience with aluminum extrusion or related manufacturing processes;
- Experience with calipers, micrometers, depth gauge and other measurement equipment;
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles (Six Sigma);
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite;
- Highly detail-oriented;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.