Manufacturing engineer (#12156) - IN
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for experienced maintenance/electrical manufacturing engineer.
• Applies basic engineering principles and analyses to improve processes or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost, improving quality, safety, and/or capability.
• Designs manufacturing processes that meet customer product, delivery, and cost requirements. Designs or manages the design of new machines and tooling. Manages or participates as a key AQP Team Member in the concept to delivery cycle -- Design, analyze, budget, prototypes and samples, purchase and build equipment, machine acceptance, train, implement and improve.
• Identifies, establishes, and manages development programs that bring new ideas and technologies to practical application in production. This will include working with members of our R & D team as well as with outside organizations.
• Provides technical support to account managers.
• Works to improve the hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems in the plant.
• May manage liaison activities with partners, customers and vendors.
• Prepare engineering and cost analyses for process improvements.
• Provides necessary support to plant management and plant teams to assure that proper tools and assistance is available to perform assigned task and maintain engineering files and documents.
• Actively supports and manages mission, vision, Code of Conduct and Process Based Leadership guidelines.
• Actively supports our 5S + Safety programs.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience
- Prior experience in aluminum extrusion industry
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred/a plus
- Strong electrical/maintenance engineering background; hydraulics experience