Maintenance Manager (#11366) - Georgia
Industry: Food Manufacturing
This role functions as the leader of all plant maintenance and engineering needs.
This role functions as the leader of all plant maintenance and engineering needs. Individuals assigned to this role understand and align business operations and Continuous Improvement as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with business, cultural, financial and quality objectives.
Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct supervision, technical support and direction, administrative management, and leadership in the maintenance and engineering areas under the direction of the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for the management of all equipment, site, and facility maintenance and utilities, including Industrial Refrigeration (Ammonia).
- Determines if maintenance activity will be done in house or by an outside contractor and obtains quotes and estimates costs for maintenance activities
- Requisitions materials and supplies such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts for maintenance activities
- Trains maintenance employees in methods, procedures, and use of equipment and work aids
- Observes maintenance employees in work area and examines tools and equipment to detect unsafe conditions or violations of safety rules.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions and ensures policies are followed in such as performance reviews and corrective action
- Oversees project planning for facility and process improvements.
- Participates in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training. Provides communication and motivation to maintenance team members by conveying departmental expectations and opportunities for improvements. Provides team leadership consistent with company vision, mission and culture.
- Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals.
- Instills professionalism and teamwork to the maintenance department through mentoring, leadership, and his actions.
- Provide a safe and productive work environment including the lean manufacturing theories.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
7-10 years of related maintenance experience in a Food Manufacturing facility is preferred
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
Bachelor’s degree desired, engineering focused preferred
- Previous experience and expertise with Industrial Refrigeration (Ammonia) systems
- Ability to effectively lead a team of 8-15
- Effective at time management and delegation to the team
- Strong background in Manufacturing maintenance concepts
- Lean/5S knowledgeable
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety Requirments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook ,and internet research skills