Lead Maintenance Technician (#9240) - Richmond, VA
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Industry: Warehousing and Logistics
The Lead Maintenance Technician will support the Plant Manager in all duties and take charge of the department in absence of Plant Manager.
Support the Plant Manager in all duties and take charge of the department in absence of Plant Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor all equipment on a daily basis.
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs on all processing equipment.
- Conduct preventative maintenance program on all equipment in processing.
- Assist Plant Engineer as necessary.
- Help monitor product quantity and quality by reporting any problems to Operations Manager.
- Keep area safe and report any potential safety hazards.
- Assumes responsibility for the processing department in absence of Operations Manager.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: Processing crew and Operations Manager.
External: Vendors and Suppliers
This position requires some decision-making abilities in Operations Manager’s absence. Profits may be impacted by failure to keep equipment operating and poor scheduling of processing crew.
Assume supervisory responsibility for processing crew in absence of Operations Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in processing type environment, some supervisory skills and mechanical aptitude required. Must be able to count and to complete paperwork in absence of Operations Manager.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Job requires working in an area with fluctuating temperatures; 10° rake bin, 20 - 25° vault and 40 - 50° processing area.
- Standing on feet all day with labor intensive work. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Requires good manual dexterity.
- Must work in areas with forklifts in operation and around machinery with moving parts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.