Flooring Division Manager - Concrete Floor Products (#12624) - Midwest / Remote
Industry: Concrete Construction Suppliers
Seeking a Flooring Division Manager!
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and management for company-wide product sales in the company’s flooring division. The Flooring Division Manager is responsible for generating and overseeing product specification development and contractor, distributor and dealer relationships and sales growth within the market segment.
- Build and maintain relationships with contractors, distributors and key industry leaders
- Development of new business through project tracking and product specifications
- Manage the project pipeline and tracking for the market segment with collaborative efforts with each of the regional sales managers.
- Engage specification writers, architects, design build contractors or product decision makers in effort to get company products specified or added to existing project specifications.
- Assume the lead role in identifying and securing new distribution in market areas where coverage is determined to be less than adequate
- Manage sales goals and generate strategies and ideas to maximize sales volumes and growth
- Create selling opportunities through in-person and telephone prospecting
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Assume an active role in creating corporate sales goals and establishing the strategic direction to maximize future growth
- Design new sales strategies to meet changing goals and objectives and effectively communicate those strategies to sales personnel and to the Executive Team
- Provide coordination and direction to sales personnel and manufacturers’ sales representatives
- Motivate, cultivate and guide the development of sales skills and technical knowledge within the sales team
- Recommend changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Provide input on flooring product line development based on industry trends, competitive developments and marketplace needs
- Participate in preparation of sales forecasts and budgets
- Organize and participate in industry trade shows
- Assume a lead role in the writing of technical articles for the segment
- Participate in relevant trade association technical committees
- Manage and maintain CRM tool
- This position requires 50-75% travel
Major Work Relationships
Interacts with all levels of the company, primarily executive team, outside and inside sales team and department managers. Also works with distributor and dealer sales representatives, contractors, design engineers, architects and purchasing agents.
- Relocation to Midwest preferred
- Ten years’ experience within the flooring market segment and an ability to bring significant industry contacts to the position
- College education preferred
- Skilled in technical sales
- Skilled in technical writing and speaking
- Ability to motivate and lead
- Ability to relate to and interact equally with design professionals, sales people and contractors
- Strong organization/time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Motivated self-starter who is customer service oriented
- Ability to prepare and demonstrate product presentations to potential sales targets