Facility Support Mechanic (#12671) - Indiana
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Operates and maintains facility ammonia refrigeration systems and facility support equipment.
Sign-on Bonus - $2500 on start, $2500 at 6-months
Operates and maintains the following:
- Facility ammonia refrigeration systems
- Facility boiler and steam systems
- Compressed air systems
- Water softener and hot water systems
- Heating ventilation and HVAC
- Facility lighting systems
- Facility emergency generator
- Fire control and alarm systems
- Facility ingress and egress equipment
- Escalate unresolved issues to the Supervisor of Refrigeration & Building Services or the Maintenance Manager
Candidates accepted that do not have the training/certifications will receive the following training:
Refrigeration Operators will undergo classroom and on-the-job training. The training period will last from one to 12 months. The shorter duration applies to personnel with prior experience in a facility with ammonia refrigeration operations.
By the end of their training period the Refrigeration Operator should have obtained classroom training on the (1) properties and potential hazards of ammonia, (2) design and overview of the ammonia refrigeration system, (3) ammonia refrigeration operating procedures, (4) ammonia refrigeration maintenance procedures, (5) ammonia refrigeration system troubleshooting procedures, (6) emergency operations including shutdown procedures, and (7) site-specific safe work practices
The Refrigeration Operator must pass written and/or hands-on examinations during their training period.
- Position requires a minimum of two years in this role before the candidate can bid on other internal opportunities.
- Position requires that no contact lenses shall be donned due to work with Ammonia Refrigeration Systems.
- Applicants must complete a Medical Evaluation for Respirator Use.
- Applicants must complete a Respirator Fit Test.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Chance of Ammonia exposure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- Required High School Diploma/GED
- Desired Ammonia Refrigeration Operator Certificate
- Desired Mechanical or Electrical Trade School Certificate or Degree