Extrusion Manager (#12521) - LA
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for an extrusion press manager.
Coordinate daily operation of the Aluminum Extrusion Department. The Press Manager will facilitate change and drive continuous improvement from systematic and sustainable processes. The Manager will coach and develop team members and provide support for the Extrusion and Die repair shop as needed.
1. Directs the activities of the Aluminum Extrusion Press Department.
2. Communicates job assignments to employees and monitors production quantities.
3. Schedules production of extrusions and ensures on-time delivery to customers.
4. Monitors tooling on machinery and researches improved tooling methods.
5. Insures that equipment is maintained and kept in top operating condition.
6. Insures quality control on extrusions being produced.
7. Actively participates in meetings and supports company initiatives in a positive manner
8. Responsible for ensuring that dies are available and staged in the oven according to schedule
9. Ability to think outside the box
10. Understanding of measurements, tolerances, basic geometry, and numeracy comprehension
11. Maintains open communication with press personnel, Supervisors, Management and Maintenance
12. Maintain and submit production records as required
13. Works within the guidelines of the Quality Program, including drawings and procedures
14. Familiarity with extrusion software such as EPICS is a plus
15. Must have good team building and motivational skills
16. Attention to detail
17. Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products
18. Provides OJT and formal training as required to employees under his/her supervision
19. Works within the guidelines of the quality program.
20. Insures good housekeeping in work area.
21. Reports problems or accidents to management immediately.
22. Gives proper consideration to safety on each job and abides by all company safety rules, policies, and procedures.
23. Performs related work as required.
- 10-15 years of prior aluminum extrusion press management or supervisory experience
Apply for this position.