Engineering Manager (#12585) - Southeast
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for experienced engineering manager.
• Manage the efforts of the engineering group in process design, process improvement and equipment development
• Will lead or provide support for project teams focused on improvement via equipment and process issues. This includes quality reliability, robustness, OEE and cost.
• Designs or works with others to design manufacturing capability for new products. Designs tools and machines of varying types (some of a very complex nature).
• May serve as a project manager and lead a cross-functional team for major items of equipment in bringing to market new products/processes
• Provides senior level technical assistance (and training to those less experienced) to other department personnel in complex machine design and improvement issues, including economic justification
• Develop new technology, design new equipment and upgrade existing equipment to keep us at the forefront of practical technology in terms of degree of automation, cellular operation, quality and ROI
• Review and approve engineering cost estimates for the plant.
• As a member of the plant leadership team, actively supports 5S+Safety, Lean and Continuous Improvement efforts.
• Actively supports and manages to our PBL, 10 Commitments & 8 People Principles
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field
- 7-10 years of related manufacturing experience, prior management experience
- Excellent communication skills and leadership skills