Electrical Engineer - Batching Controls (#11517) - Midwest
Industry: Concrete Construction Suppliers
Seeking an electrical engineer!
Primary Job Functions
The basic function of the Electrical Engineer is to maintain and improve existing designs and to develop new designs of high quality, state of the art batching controls and related equipment. This position is responsible for the related design analysis, detailed documentation and coordination with the operations personnel to produce the finished products. Responsible for scheduling all workflow through the available resources needed to perform all functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ experience programming and working with industrial controls and specifically, batching equipment, (including troubleshooting). Designing panel layouts and creating electrical schematics and bills of materials for all controls needed.
- Must have the ability to understand, assemble and operate the company’s products, with training.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Windows and of software programming for control panel applications using multiple languages, such as Basic, C, and ladder logic. Also ability to use a CAD system for schematic development.
- Must be fully capable of sophisticated electrical engineering analysis for evaluation and problem solving.
- Must have comprehensive troubleshooting knowledge and be able to effectively use troubleshooting tools, such as oscilloscopes, meters, and other diagnostic equipment.
- Must be able to visualize layouts and designs. Must also be able to read, prepare and understand all engineering documentation used by the company.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and employees at all levels of the company.
- Must have the ability to work against and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. The Electrical Engineer must be able to switch from one project to another with little or no reorientation necessary.
- Must be able to understand and perform the complex processes and equations necessary to perform the required engineering tasks.
- English proficiency: Both verbally and in writing, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and other employees.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 years’ experience working with Allen-Bradley Logix 500/5000 PLC programming software, Allen-Bradley Factory Talk View Studio, Visual Basic, CAD software for designing schematics.