Die shop manager (#12556) - Confidential
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for experienced die shop manager.
Position will report to the Director of Operations.
- Communicate with die vendors, extrusion department, sales and engineering departments regularly
- Work to meet operational excellence goals as well as quality, cost, and production
- Oversee all die shop employees including correctors, repairmen, and supervisors
- Strive to meet customer's quality and cost goals
- Work with extrusion team to develop and implement new process improvements regarding die performance, design, etc.
- Monitor all die tooling inventory and order new tooling when necessary
- 5+ years of die shop management or supervisory experience preferred, 10 years or more of extrusion industry experience in the die shop
- Strong, hands on technical experience with die repair, correction, design, and tooling
- Excellent communication skills
- 6XXX series alloy knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of extrusion and die tooling processes