Civil Water/Wastewater Engineer or Designer (#13016) - Midwest
Wastewater Engineer or Designer needed in the Midwest
• A motivated civil engineer with 3+ year of experience and a strong interest in planning and design
• This position offers an excellent opportunity for an upcoming/ recent graduate to be part of a Civil Engineering firm while enjoying the benefits and close mentoring that a small firm environment provides. You will work under the guidance of highly experienced and knowledgeable engineers as we provide our clients with planning, process modeling, design, construction phase services, and startup assistance on water and wastewater systems.
• Supports water and wastewater facility design by completing calculations, drawings, specifications and reports.
• Supports projects in hydraulic design and modeling.
• Project design work also includes site grading, drainage and site utilities.
• Responsible for evaluation and design of water and wastewater systems and generating and reviewing of construction drawings for Agency permit submittal.
• Provides regular communication with more experienced staff in understanding design project tasks, design calculations, technical writing, and any tasks pertaining to client needs.
• Collaborate with internal and external relationships to contribute to successful completion of assigned projects.
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients, government entities and various regulatory agencies to fulfill any regulations and requirements relating to projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or one of its specialties.
• EIT Engineer- in-training
• 3+ years of civil engineering experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MS Word and Excel.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to include proposal writing and reporting.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have ability to recognize and re-prioritize direction and priorities
• Complex Problem Solving
• Critical Thinking