Business Intelligence Analyst (#12533) - Northern Minnesota
Industry: Metal Stamping
United Employment Group is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst in Northern Minnesota.
Our client is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: Taking our client’s data driven culture to the next level – the Business Intelligence Analyst will enhance the link between our client’s data and the business unit. Drive business alignment and joined decision making through an analytical approach to managing all aspects of the sales, inventory and operations of the business (SIOP). Optimize alignment of the Demand and Supply with a Sales Forecast using quantitative analysis and predictive analytics to drive decision making. Improve inventory quality to ensure accuracy and the correct days’ supply of all inventory, adjusting the plan based upon Sales and Operations analysis.
Safety is #1: Our client’s expectation is that every employee: 1) strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
- Coordinate and enhance a monthly Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process – working with key leaders from Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Planning and Production.
- Develops, publishes and maintains the SIOP processes, balancing inventory, resources and capacity.
- Partner with IT to develop enhanced links between the business and IT for reporting needs – be the BI champion on the business side of the organization.
- Perform and enhance monthly capacity analytics to identify potential capital constraints
- Communicate through numbers – utilize and interpret data to help drive decisions across the organization as needed
- Develop, prepare, and enhance periodic reports and tools, with validation and monthly presentation responsibilities.
- Act as a subject-matter expert (SME) for data, understanding appropriate KPIs and the reports to use for each situation. Utilizing these reports and data to present a data-driven narrative to the audience regarding KPI tracking.
- Analyzes and updates system planning data such as lead times, safety stock, and coverage groups etc.
- Executive support role, working on business analysis and other projects as needed.
- Develops and updates departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development of personnel through positive reinforcement and coaching techniques.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- At least 5 to 7 years of recent business analytics experience that includes the following skills and abilities would be beneficial. Power BI and SQL experience preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate scheduling/planning activities.
- Excellent organization, planning, and scheduling skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- General knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in the production process – including quality assurance.
- Ability to develop good/key relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Ability to show initiative by seeking out and identifying new opportunities within Company
- Capability of working with a high degree of personal discipline.
- Ability to supervise personnel in a manner conducive to efficient performance and high morale.
- Ability to select and train competent personnel for the Company.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of personnel administration.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The position has good working conditions in a manufacturing plant environment, and is a diversified job requiring sustained mental effort related to internal/external contacts, organizational issues, planning and technical areas. The individual may encounter significant emotional strain or tension. There is sustained exposure to standing, sitting and the plant environment.Apply for this position.