Assistant Extrusion manager (#12557) - IN
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for experienced extrusion manager or supervisor.
• Establishes, promotes, and drives a safety-first culture in the extrusion department;
• Boosts quality excellence by following existing standards & implementing improvements to defined best practices;
• Drives production efficiencies by meeting on time deliveries, first run success, and extruding to schedule;
• Assures personnel and staffing are balanced to meet production needs;
• Executes multiple improvement projects to expand production capabilities while improving quality and efficiency;
• Establishes, promotes, and enforces 5S based work culture in extrusion;
• Outlines objectives and evaluates subordinate’s performance in a timely manner;
• Motivates personnel to complete training requirements and to further develop their skills for long term success;
• Defines succession plans within the extrusion department;
• Performs other required tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or Management or related field preferred;
• Minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing and quality assurance;
• Experience with lean manufacturing principles (Six Sigma);
• Extrusion tooling and die knowledge a plus;
• Proficiency using Microsoft Suite;
• Highly detail-oriented;
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.