Ammonia Refrigeration Specialist Technician (#11091) - Florida
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Measure, monitor and maintain proper levels of ammonia and Freon in all refrigeration systems.
Ammonia & Refrigeration Specialist Technician
Florida - Full Time
Basic Position Objective
Partner with the Maintenance Manager to perform ordinary and preventive maintenance to the refrigeration systems and respond to any breakdowns and emergency repairs. Work with management to develop and implement health and safety ammonia system emergency plans.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform maintenance and preventive maintenance of all complex refrigeration system.
- Ensure complex and production process are in compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations
- Take care of the equipment in the cold rooms and loading dock including doors
- Measure, monitor and maintain proper levels of ammonia and Freon in all refrigeration systems.
- Use lock out/tag out process to isolate equipment prior to working on unit
- Help with start-up and shut down processes
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma Required
- Ammonia Certificate Required
- Five or more years hand-on industrial Ammonia Refrigeration experience
- Process Safety Management (PSM) knowledge
- Experience in electrical and mechanical trouble shoot and repairs
- Must be able to work with a variety of individuals, including fellow technicians, supervisors, and clients
- Must be able to pass a physical and respirator fit test, and perform physical tasks such as scaling tall buildings, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, and moving around refrigeration systems
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear
- The employee must frequently move up to 80 pounds
Apply for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to air conditioning and is often exposed to cold temperatures and heat. The employee will be working at a plant location where the use of chemical substances is present and used in the processing plant. May participate in safety inspections in on/off-sight locations, which are located both in a warehouse and administrative office environment. Employee's work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is normally low to moderate, high when entering the food plant.