Ammonia Refrigeration Operator (#10209) - Illinois
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Perform specific preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, mechanical and electrical repair, and other tasks and techniques to keep Ammonia refrigeration systems in operational conditions.
An Ammonia Refrigeration Operator performs specific preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, mechanical and electrical repair, and other tasks and techniques to keep Ammonia refrigeration systems in operational conditions to meet production, refrigeration, storage, and shipping needs.
The wage rate for an Ammonia Refrigeration Operator position is between $19.50-$30.00 per hour based on skill and experience. A Pay for Skills Program is designed to provide development opportunities for Ammonia Refrigeration Operators that could lead to higher salaries. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including pension plan, 401K, performance-based bonus, medical insurance, and a generous paid vacation plan and paid holidays.
In this role, you will:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Provide technical support and plant leadership for Ammonia refrigeration equipment troubleshooting and modifications
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with Team Leader, peers, team members, other leaders and managers, and corporate partners.
- Perform both uptime and down time preventative maintenance in adherence to the master PM schedule
- Perform corrective maintenance work orders
- Perform daily rounds/checks of Ammonia system
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair manufacturing and Ammonia refrigeration equipment or systems
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Assist with training new employees as needed
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Resolves problems and conflicts in an acceptable manner that shows respect for the other person(s).
- Learn, follow, and be engaged in Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of refrigeration experience or equivalent education preferred
- Must be able to participate on HAZMAT team and pass a respiratory fit test
- Possess minimum two years electrical and mechanical maintenance experience
- Working knowledge of industrial Ammonia refrigeration
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Mechanical, math, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Technical degree in industrial maintenance or related field
- Continuing education in maintenance/technical skills
- Computer Maintenance Management System experience
- Priority will be given to those possessing a current HazMat Technician Level Emergency Response Certificate and/or CIRO or CARO Certification through RETA
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Perform other duties as assigned