Ammonia Refrigeration Mechanic (#10310) - Florida
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Must have a strong background specializing in Ammonia refrigeration systems, as well as a general industrial maintenance mechanic skill set.
Seeking a skilled Ammonia Refrigeration Mechanic for our corporate headquarters in sunny Florida. The ideal candidate will have a strong background specializing in ammonia refrigeration systems, as well as a general industrial maintenance mechanic skill set. The Ammonia Refrigeration Mechanic position is great for candidates who are seeking longevity and opportunities for advancement in their career!
This position is available for our Team 1 shift, scheduled Monday thru Thursday, starting from 4-8am. This is a full-time position with benefits and opportunities for additional work hours available!
Ammonia Refrigeration Mechanic Essential Duties:
- Maintain a variety of electrical and electronic equipment by repairing, servicing and replacing components such as relays, circuit breakers, motors, packaging equipment, timing, switch gears, wiring and circuit board repair and electronic connections
- Troubleshoot/retrofit/fabricate and optimize packaging line productivity
- May make repairs on electric power tools, lights, fuses and portable electric devices/equipment
- Grease and oil motors and production equipment
- Bend and install conduit, pull and terminate wires, replace motors and motor starters
- Monitor and inspect ammonia system as required by federal, state and local regulations
- Maintain industrial dehumidifiers, including rooftop systems
- Understand and practice established safety procedures, including but not limited to PPE, LOTO, Hazcom, etc.
- Routine readings and recordings
- Maintain CMMS and order parts/inventory/recordkeeping as required
- Assist Maintenance Manager in inspecting completed repairs and preventive maintenance tasks
- Assist with cooking kettles/steam, filling, packing, freezing, and shrink wrapping as needed
- Will work with the following low and high voltages: 24 control, single-phase, and three-phase voltage
- Will work in varying temperatures (dry and cold storage)
Additional duties to assist the needs of the location
Ammonia Refrigeration Mechanic Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in general & preventative maintenance and repair of industrial production equipment or other operating equipment
- 3-5+ years of experience working directly with ammonia refrigeration equipment
- Prior experience opening an ammonia system required
- Experience with boilers, conveyors, cooling tower pumps and chemical treatment, floats, coils, recirculating tanks/tanks, air compressors, evaporators/fan motors, liquid pumps, valve replacements, strainers, control starters, support mechanics, and etc.
- Understand Frick Quantum HD controls
- Knowledge of glycol systems
- Basic knowledge of HVAC controls
- Knowledge of pneumatics
- Knowledge of local codes and regulations
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team to achieve tasks
Ammonia Refrigeration Mechanic Preferred Certifications:
- Valid FL Driver's License, preferred
- Drug-Free Work Place / Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer