Wire EDM Programmer/ Operator (#8852) - IL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Wire EDM Programmer/ Operator for a Metal Stamping facility located in IL.
Job Description Summary
Program, set-up, program and operate wire EDM equipment to machine components to the specifications on supplied prints.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Read and interpret prints and corrects any errors before cutting steel.
• Create 2 and 4 axis programs using appropriate software.
• Fixture work piece as necessary to facilitate machining.
• Inspect complete work piece to insure all requirements have been met.
• Maintain machines per documented requirements in the machine manual.
• Adjust parameters and settings in the control to maximize output of the machine.
• Maintain necessary inventory of guides, wire, filter, belts, etc.
• Knowledge of standard tooling equipment.
• Knowledge of the properties of metals including hardness and how much heat they can withstand.
• Knowledge of equipment in manufacturing environment either plastic or steel, dies, and forming processes.
• Operate CAD and CAM software.
• Ability to apply algebraic, geometric formulas and shop mathematics.
• Ability to read and interpret specifications and engineering blueprints.
• Ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous projects.
Education and Training
• High school or GED equivalent.
• Technical training, vocational education, or 5+ years on the job training/apprenticeship.