Weld Engineer (#9109) - SC
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Weld Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility in SC.
Supports manufacturing operations in an automotive/stamping & robotic-welding environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement process improvements with regards to Resistance and GMAW systems using all available current welding technologies;
- Maintain welding systems to ensure manufacturing activities are in within specifications and interpret and apply specifications for manufacturability;
- Support maintenance activities in PM scheduling as well as training and developing maintenance technicians from a welding perspective;
- Collects, tracks, and advises on downtime issues and implements short and long-term solutions to minimize downtime;
- Manage and execute in-house projects for implementing new engineering changes that modify assembly processes;
- Liaise with vendors regarding software / hardware updates and troubleshooting systems;
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Welding Engineering, Electrical Technology, or other technical discipline required;
- 5 years of welding experience in a welding/robotics environment required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Full scope of knowledge in resistance and GMAW systems;
- Common programming knowledge of robotics and Weld controls for welding mild steel, hybrid and organic coated materials;
- High skill set of resistance welding;
- Strong proficiency with weld control systems (i.e., Bosch DC Mid-Freq Inverters, Servo weld gun technology and Fanuc robots;
- Strong familiarity with projection nut and stud welding;
- Ability to work in a team-based lean-manufacturing environment.