Warehouse Operator/Supervisor - Construction Materials (#11115) - Pennsylvania
Industry: Concrete Construction Suppliers
Seeking a Warehouse Operator/Supervisor!
Responsible for the safe receipt, storage, organize and timely shipping of the company products.
Hours of Operation: M - F 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Maintain an organized warehouse location for an optimized accessibility and increased efficiency.
- Day-to-day operation and supervision of the warehouse staff (one).
- Overseeing stock control and processing orders.
- Conduct basic QC using company Quality Control Manual.
- Ensuring that quality, delivery and budget objectives are met.
- Obtain quotes from freight carriers.
- Carrying out responsibilities for the use of automated and computerized systems.
- Communicating with other departments.
- Producing regular reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Briefing management on the issues for that particular day/week.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to improve the workflow and minimize errors and glitches.
- Conducting physical counts on an annual basis.
- Maintain general technical knowledge about company products and warehouse management.
- Ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment.
- Responsible for the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
- Occasionally conduct basic repairs of products.
- 2 year degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of warehouse operation.
- Intermediate knowledge of warehouse management systems, email systems, and Microsoft Office (word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in construction material industry preferably precast concrete.
- Ability to operate forklift.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to regularly lift, carry, and position: up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, and/or controls.
- Physical ability to stand for a significant period of time and walk continuously on occasion through the warehouse.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, or reach may be required on occasion.
- The warehouse environment with have exposure to a variety of noise and potential extremes in temperature.