Vice President of Metallurgy & Quality Control (#9213) - Midwest
We are currently seeking a VP of Metallurgy & Quality Control.
Provide operational and project support related to order processing and the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of processes and products that safely and cost-effectively meet or exceed customer demands for quality, consistency, and on-time performance.
Reports to the President and will solicit technical consultation from members of technical groups; interact directly with management and employees to develop and implement products, initiatives and solutions to meet customer demands; and work together with other members of the organization to collaborate on various projects and initiatives.
• Material testing, including knowledge of magnetic particle inspection.
• Interfacing with sales, manufacturing department, and customers as required.
• Provide metallurgical requirement for quoting.
• Review incoming orders for contract review, route sheet preparation and approval.
• Establish heat treat parameters to meet mechanical properties.
• Maintain library of customer and industry standard specifications.
• Participate in MRR meetings.
• Assist in maintaining Nadcap Certification for Heat Treatment and NDT (MPI).
• Participate in customer and third party audits.
• Monitor customer quality standards and notify managers and supervisors of changes or new standards.
• Prepare test plans for new die configurations for sample preparation and modify existing die test plans when customer specifications or drawings are revised.
• Ensure personal compliance with safety policies and rules while promoting a culture of safety.
• Comply with applicable regulatory standards and report any issues to appropriate manager.
• Participate in safety observation program and incident and/or accident investigations as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience with closed-die forgings and processing of carbon steel, alloys and super alloys.
• Steel industry experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with AS, ISO, National Standards and Industry Specifications.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize their importance.
• Knowledge/understanding and experience using problem solving tools.
• Self-starter who can work independently and lead others when needed.
• Attention-to-detail inclination and mindset.
• Professional attitude.
• Complete multiple prioritized tasks with minimal direct supervision.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to interact with associates on the floor and work with diverse work groups.
• Occasional flexibility in work hours may be required.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally infrequently to customer, vendor, or other locations as required.
• Experience as a process metallurgist with emphasis on shop-floor activities preferred.
• B.S. in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science required.