Vice President of Engineering (#9289) - Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Essential Job Functions
• Participates in the development of the Division strategic and business plans
• Directs and implements design and engineering standards and strategies to achieve the Division’s goals and objectives.
• Directs and conducts new product design and analysis, determining and recommending application and cost structure
• Serve as a resource to subcontractors answering questions and providing support on project related matters.
• Staying current with all contract documents and revisions affecting Engineering design.
• Assure all subcontract Engineering firms follow Spancrete material and design standards.
• Perform responsibilities of review engineer as if the project were being designed internally by Spancrete.
• Standardization of Engineering design calculation package
• Develops and maintains budgets for drafting, engineering and product development, and ensures current and accurate costing for D & E and product development
• Ensure compliance with all local, state and international building codes.
• Builds, develops and manages drafting and engineering teams capable of carrying out needed strategic initiatives.
• Responds to public or other inquiries to engineering procedures on specific projects and other information. Evaluates issues and options regarding municipal public works and makes recommendations.
• Maintains regular contact with consulting engineers, construction project engineers, city, county, state, and federal agencies, professional and technical groups and the general public regarding division activities and services.
• Ensure Employee Touchpoints are completed on a regular basis to ensure objectives and development plans are established
• Work with Human Resources to continually monitor managerial needs and ensure necessary changes to management/staffing in order to ensure adherence to Company goals, objectives and customer service.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field is required. PE licensure preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership ability achieving results through others.
• Revit / BIM experience.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• Technical skills in engineering management and quality assurance.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization and a wide variety of people outside of the organization.