Vice President, Industrial Refrigeration Systems (#8975) - Texas
Industry: Design and Construction
Leadership and oversight of business operations related to all engineering, design, procurement, field construction and scope changes from project initiation through implementation and service/maint.
Vice President, Industrial Refrigeration Systems
This role is to provide day-to-day leadership and oversight of business operations related to all engineering, design, procurement, field construction and scope changes from project initiation through implementation and service/maintenance.
• Keep abreast of industry changes, modern technology and client needs to deliver new and effective solutions.
• Identify and implement advanced technology to remain current and responsive to the market and customer needs.
• Accountable for the oversight of all project budgets and achievement of project and company financial targets.
• Ensure the financial stability and security of the company with prudent and analytical decision-making.
Business Development and Marketing
• Prepare input to RFP responses with specifications, schedules, budgets, inventory, manpower requirements and detailed assumptions.
• Provide sales support.
• Guide the client through the design-build implementation.
• Serve as point of contact. Keep the client informed of all issues and progress to ensure client satisfaction.
Engineering and Design
• Engineer and design innovative industrial ammonia and hydrocarbon refrigeration systems for variety of industries while ensuring safety and service capabilities are maintained.
• Ensure all projects comply with all building codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements.
• Establish and maintain a strong, positive alliance with equipment manufacturers.
• Ensure estimates are clearly defined, reliable, and economically justifiable.
• Meet the allotted timelines using sound best practices and historical data.
• Develop and maintain the Master Project Schedule. Actively track and manage the project performance according to schedules and critical path.
• Ensure all technical and contractual requirements are in accordance and as committed.
• Respond to technical and project implementation questions and problems.
• Professionally and promptly address unplanned events minimizing the negative impact on client satisfaction, finances and timeline.
• Approve and code all project related invoices.
• Generate project progress billings each month.
Construction and System Installation
• Oversee all project parts and equipment are ordered, delivered according to the project schedule and utilized as designed.
• Ensure health, safety, security and environmental best practices are implemented and adhered to.
• Proven leadership to employees, contractors and vendors.
• Focus on developing and training team members.
• Strengths in planning, finance, negotiation, conflict resolution and hiring talent.
Education and Experience
• BS degree from an accredited program in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, a must. Professional Engineering License, a plus.
• Minimum of 15 years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing industrial refrigeration design, construction, project management and maintenance.
• Minimum of 15 years in the engineering, design, implementation and sales of ammonia refrigeration systems.
• Relevant experience (Estimator, Supervisor, Construction Manager) on industrial (ammonia) refrigeration projects, a must. Experience on commercial (Freon) systems, a plus.
• Experience leading numerous facets of projects simultaneously.
• MBA, a plus.
• 3-D CAD, AutoCAD experience, a plus.
• IIAR Member, a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong negotiation and conflict resolution
• Excel at creative problem solving and balancing multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to build a collaborative team with influence management
• Strong financial and business acumen
• Technical knowledge and comfort using and teaching leading edge estimating, design, construction and project management tools
• Attention to detail and highly organized with strong analytical skills
• Ability to speak Spanish, a plus
• Ability to travel for site visits, client meetings, kick-off meetings, problem resolution.