Traveling General Foreman - Tilt Wall Concrete (#7904) - Travel Position - Company Based in Midwest
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Responsible for directly managing concrete tilt-up construction
Traveling General Foreman
Responsible for directly managing the concrete construction and the administrative activities associated with the field operations of a particular project. Candidate is tasked with bringing the project to completion on schedule, within budget, and per the project specifications. Candidate will be responsible for enforcing all Safety and Quality Control policies and procedures.
More specifically as follows:
1. Attend the post award review meeting to receive project information and details for preplanning prior to construction.
2. Assure that adequate manpower is provided as required to meet construction schedules.
3. Analyze construction equipment requirements and provide necessary equipment as required to utilize manpower efficiently, and release equipment when not required.
4. Determine job requirement quantities for each phase of work.
5. Direct and supervise the activities of carpenters and laborers in the performance of their regular duties.
6. Determine and convey to subordinates the most efficient construction techniques to be employed to assure quality and efficiency in construction.
7. Assist in the activities of the project manager/engineer in their duties including prompt shipment of materials and permanent equipment, in obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples, in preparing and submitting all change orders.
8. Direct all subordinates in promptly supplying all required accounting data, conforming to all company accounting and administrative procedures.
9. Inform all supervisors promptly of any construction schedule changes.
10. Assist in the preparation of all job progress and cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs.
11. Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, progress payment requests, and other significant reports and documents.
12. Cooperate with the general contractor and his representatives, keeping them informed of construction progress.
13. Report regularly to the project manager to keep them constantly informed on job progress, plans, and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules.
14. Foreman will be responsible for daily job reporting including maintaining a daily diary to permanently record all significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements and approvals.
15. Direct adherence to the company’s safety program in all phases and areas of the project.
16. Become familiar with all company policies and adhere strictly to them in all activities and dealings, and require all employees to be aware of them and conform to them in their activities.
17. Carry out any additional responsibilities assigned by the project manager.
The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- 3-10 years of experience as a foreman on tilt-up construction projects, preferable on jobs that are a minimum of 100k sf.
- Able to make decisions under tight deadlines.
- Able to organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict.
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Computer skills: proficiency using Word, Excel, Outlook and project scheduling programs.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Certifications: Rigging, OSHA 10 hour (OSHA 30 hour preferred), aerial lifts, and variable reach lull.
We Offer a Competitive Benefit Package that Includes:
• Profit Sharing
• Per Diem
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage