Tool & Die Designer/ Manager (#9823) - OH
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Designer/ Manager for a job shop located in OH.
We are looking to hire a full-time Tooling Design Engineer/Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate will possess metal stamping and short-run tooling experience. Will lead tooling design efforts during new job development & launch as well as troubleshooting of existing tooling. Will occasionally assist in preparation of cost estimates, and improvement of manufacturing set up and run times and efficiencies.
• Supervise a 5 person toolroom.
• Design new tooling and oversee staff in creation of working tooling on schedule.
• Confers with shop personnel to resolve design problems.
• Creates, compiles, catalogues, stores, retrieves and secures computer generated files.
• Assists in the training and development of design personnel.
• Experience with sheet metal stamping dies, especially short-run type tooling development and troubleshooting.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, ERP, Microsoft Office.
• Effective communication (written and verbal) with the customer, suppliers, and various departments within.
• Organization of records, time, priority setting, deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge of metrology, material properties and manufacturing processes and limitations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Die Designs.
• Mathematical Skills: Aptitude for working with numbers with a high degree of accuracy.
• Reasoning Ability: Effective trouble shooting for a variety of different situations/issues effectively
• Self-motivated, high level of initiative and creativity. Able to work independently and follow tasks through to completion.