Tooling Engineer (#8963) - WI
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tooling Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility located in WI.
Objective: The purpose of the Tooling Engineer is to design and engineer metal stamping dies to produce piece parts to customer specifications, update tool drawings for modification purposes, and to develop and implement process improvement concepts for metal stamping and plastic injection molding programs.
• High School Diploma, along with additional engineering, tool and die, and/or tool design courses required. Bachelor of Science in engineering preferred.
• Engineering experience in a production metal stamping environment (5 yrs minimum); engineering experience in a plastic injection molding environment desired.
• Experience in design, development, and implementation of stamping tools, equipment, processes and manufacturing systems (5 yrs minimum).
• Experience with Progressive Tooling is required.
• Exposure to plastic injection molding tools, processes, and equipment is desired.
• Knowledge of the application of steels and carbides required. Basic understanding of plastic injection molding resins desired.
• Project management experience desired.
• Proficient in written and verbal communication skills; strong math skills.
• Journeyman Tool & Die Maker a plus.
• Project Management Certification a plus.