Tooling Engineer (#8903) - IL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tooling Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility located in IL.
The Tooling Engineer plans, organizes and directs tooling to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties.
• Provide overall direction to the tooling function through the development of policies and procedures for tooling consistent with organizational requirements and corporate standards.
• Participate in the vendor selection process for tooling projects.
• Manages and coordinates the activities of all tooling vendors to improve delivery, quality, consistency, and customer satisfaction.
• Support global customer team activities and assist in the management of critical issues, if necessary, through direct involvement with customers.
• Suggests new methods or technology and recommends options to improve current products, processes, etc.
• Incorporate the latest developments in tooling, equipment, and materials to achieve production volumes at the highest quality and lowest cost.
• Analyze the causes and effects of major tooling difficulties, using statistical analysis methods to develop recommendations and action plans for solutions.
• Acts as Company’s tooling contact for customers and vendors.
• Assist the Sales Department to determine manufacturing feasibility for product design and assist in answering tooling related questions, concerns or use of expertise to help progress new projects and product.
• Oversee the Project Management (PM) methodologies within the scope of the company’s product realization and planning process (as it relates to tooling) to meet customer expectations.
• Work closely with sales and operations on tooling issues relating to current and future product requirements and implements product design efforts which meet the evolving need of the customers.
• Support the engineering group, as needed.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing tooling.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related study strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in the use of statistical analysis methods of problem solving.
• Highly developed professional relationships with OEM customers and key component suppliers working in the manufacturing industry.
• Experience in tooling and fixtures, design, material processing, cost analysis, material handling, and personal computing.
• Proficiency with CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, ProE, etc.
• Knowledge of APQP project management and knowledge of GD&T specifications.