Tool Room Supervisor/Manager (#10516) - Michigan
Industry: Metal Stamping
United Employment Group is seeking a Tool Room Supervisor/Manager in Michigan.
Seeking a highly motivated Tooling Manager to lead all sectors of the Stamping Operation from meeting daily stamping operational metrics to overseeing the design, building and launch of new customer owned tool programs on time and completing PPAP requirements.
- Problem tool evaluation utilizing root cause analysis to determine reasons for poor tool performance related to productivity. Develops a corrective action plan to improve the tool, monitors and implements plan.
- Provide preventative and predictive tooling Maintenance activity driven by data to initiate improvement action and considering life-cycle costs.
- Direct new tooling implementation from customer provided part data to 3D solid conceptual tooling proposals including tendering quotations, design and build time schedule, initial trials, PPAP and in plant start up.
- Assists quote development for engineering changes on existing tools utilizing knowledge of tool design and tool performance.
- Ensure all potential tooling and or part design issues are addressed, communicates to the selected tool vendor. Manage tool progress at tool vendor to ensure timely completion of tool.
- Performs run off at vendor, evaluates tool vendor dimensional layout and resolves any issues prior to releasing the tool for delivery to Precision.
Experience / Education:
- 5-10 years’ experience in building and troubleshooting dies in metal stamping environment
- At least 3 years’ previous Leadership / Supervision experience needed
- Tool apprentice program or preferred Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of stamping processes, stamping die design, program management, CAD and Solid Works.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance experience needed