Tool Room Supervisor (#9370) - Wisconsin
Industry: Metal Stamping
United Employment Group is seeking a Tool Room Supervisor in Wisconsin.
This role is considered a working supervisor, 50% will be spent on supervisory responsibilities, the other 50% will be spent on tool & die activities. This role is responsible for planning and executing the activities of the Tool Room, supervise and coordinate the activities of the tool & Die Makers to meet the production schedule, as well as act as a liaison between all other operational departments.
- Determining Tool Room Department personnel and equipment needs
- Supervising all Tool Room Staff; adhering to company policies
- Promoting, encouraging, and leading the department’s continuous improvement efforts
- Coordinating the training and development of departmental staff to ensure technical competency.
- Serve as the leader for departmental staffing, setting the standard attitude, enthusiasm, energy, drive, and commitment
- Perform general Tool & Die Maker activities
Experience / Education:
- High School Diploma and Tool & Die Maker journeyman’s license or equivalent experience required
- Tool & Die Maker experience in a production metal stamping environment (5 years minimum); experience in a plastic injection molding environment desired.
- Knowledge of tool design concepts and software desired
- Tool & Die Maker experience with leadership and training role desired
- Must be able to operate all tool room equipment, including, but not limited to, lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, jig grinders, drill presses, etc. Must be knowledgeable of both manual and automated equipment
- Knowledgeable of metal stamping tooling, equipment (punch presses and multi-slide), precision measuring instruments and related theory
- Exposure to plastic injection molding tools, processes, and equipment is desired