Tool & Die Supervisor- 2nd Shift (#8740) - MI
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Supervisor for a Metal Stamping facility located in MI.
Supervise and organize workflow in the full cycle of the construction of a die through tryout, using World Class Manufacturing principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Manage Performance by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures and administering reviews.
• Partner with Human Resources on recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and by developing professional growth opportunities.
• Work with maintenance on repairs and assists in evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Compile, initiate, sort and analyze production performance records and data; answer questions, respond to requests and report on status.
• Promote the World Class Manufacturing initiative and culture by learning and practicing its continuous improvement tools for the best interests of the plant and our customers.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Journeyman Diemaker
• 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated aptitude in mathematics
• Demonstrated understanding of die mechanics
• Knowledge of die construction tools and machinery
• Welding knowledge
• Experience working with presses and related equipment
• Ability to read and understand die design
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.