Tool & Die Maker- Multiple Shifts (#8386) - MO
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking Tool & Die Makers for positions in MO.
Must be able to perform maintenance on a wide variety of progressive bracket and draw dies, and to troubleshoot tools in press to meet quality and production requirements. Also involves maintenance on robotic weld cell tooling and holding fixtures for precision welded assemblies.
- Interpret blueprints and use necessary tools and measuring equipment to fabricate, repair, sharpen or modify new or existing tooling
- Safely and proficiently operate all toolroom equipment, including surface grinders, milling machines, lathes, brake, shear, drills. Mig and tig welding skills are a plus
- Work to close tolerance detail drawings and to collaborate with CNC and WEDM departments to produce needed die components and tooling within the quoted times
- Work with other associates and shifts to keep dies and tools ready to meet production and quality needs
- Submit requisitions for supplies as needed and to maintain a clean, safe and organized work area
- Capable of troubleshooting dimensional issues and adjusting for optimal run conditions in press to support production schedule
- Working knowledge of quality inspection gauges and CMM data is required
- Working knowledge of machine tools and manufacturing technology is required
- Must have strong communication, analytical and reasoning abilities
- Manipulate medium to large objects, materials or tools on a routine basis
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker/Repair preferred