Tool & Die Maker (#8206) - NY
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Maker for a Metal Stamping facility located in NY.
Designs single - or multiple-edged, progressive machine cutting tools, such as broaches, milling-machine cutters, and drills, and related jigs, dies, and fixtures:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Studies specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and shop data and confers with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
- Applies algebraic and geometric formulas and standard tool engineering data to develop tool configuration.
- Selects standard items, such as bushings and tool bits, to incorporate into tool design.
- Draws preliminary sketches and prepared layout and detail drawings, using standard drafting tools and equipment or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Modifies tool designs according to trial or production service data to improve tool life or performance.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Maintains complete and accurate tool records and summaries.
- 4-10 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship.
- May have first completed hands-on and theory apprenticeships in precision machining.