Tool & Die Maker (#6650) - FL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Maker for a Metal Stamping facility located in FL.
This position has the responsibility and authority to directly support manufacturing by troubleshooting and repairing tooling or machinery. Also must be able to design and fabricate new dies and fixtures from concept to the manufacturing floor. A Tool and Die maker should have a broad understanding of all basic production and tool making requirements which are relative to the company's needs.
- Problem solving skills to repair and debug high speed progressive dies
- Knowledgeable in press room activities
- Must have basic computer knowledge, high attention to detail, strong documentation skills with a strong mathematical background
- Able to effectively operate safely in a fast pace environment
- Able to proactively work independently as well as with others with limited supervision
- Able to read and interpret detail and assembly drawings
- Able to be flexible and demonstrate the ability to respond to frequent priority changes
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to exchange information clearly and concisely with coworkers, supervisors, and other depts., etc.
- Able to learn to accurately estimate time of major repairs.
- Able to plan, construct, alter, and repair a wide variety of details, tools, jigs, fixtures, and gauges to very close tolerances.
- Setup and operate mills, lathes, grinders, EDM equipment and various hand tools
- Hands on participation in the operation and setting up of stamping presses
- Responsible for relevant entries in ERP system
- Operate all gauging and inspection equipment to perform 1st piece part inspections before QC submittal
- Perform geometric shop calculations
- Rework tooling details and performs skilled fitting, timing and adjusting as needed to develop piece parts to blue print specifications
- Use tool conditioning and debug skills to solve progressive die issues.
- Diagnoses root cause and correct problems in complicated progressive dies.
- Advise which correct materials and oils to be used for specific applications.
- Responsible to track, order, and organize tooling spares.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork and records such as updating and recording all tooling modifications on die drawings so they can be updated by the Engineering department.
- Assist the production department to get automation machines up and running as required.
- Actively support SS, Quality, and continues improvements efforts by following all approved practices and procedures by performing clean-up activities, and identify and recommending improvements to management.
High school diploma and completion of Tool & Die Apprenticeship program or equivalent on the job training, plus ten years of experience in the field