Tool & Die Maker (#8547) - WI
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Maker for a Metal Stamping facility located in WI.
The Tool & Die Maker applies knowledge of tool and die design and construction, shop mathematics, metal properties and layout, machining, and assembly procedures to repair and fabricate dies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains, troubleshoots, and debugs progressive and multislide tooling. Repair of any problems.
• Machines parts to print.
• Builds dies, replacement parts, gauges and special tooling.
• Plans out jobs and routes throughout shop.
• Orders and expedites materials and services.
• Performs in-process inspections.
• Assist in set-up and operation as needed. Evaluates any problems with presses, feeds, etc.
• Completes safety inspections on tools prior to sending out.
• Installs tool sensors when applicable.
• Must be able to operate all tool room equipment including, but not limited to, lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, jig grinders, drill presses, etc.
• Must be able to read blueprints.
• Must be familiar with ISO/QS/TS procedures.
• Must have a working knowledge of SPC.
• Must have knowledge of the application of steels and carbides
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma required.
• Must have completed a formal Tool and Die Maker Apprenticeship program and possess a journeyman’s certificate; equivalent work experience and/or tool and die related courses accepted.
• Previous tool room experience (5 years minimum).
• Must have High Speed Metal Stamping experience
• Must have experience with material thickness– .0015” - .080”