Tool & Die Maker (#7838) - MI, OH, NY, TN, KY, IL, CA, OR, FL, WI, & CT
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking Tool & Die Makers for multiple Metal Stamping facilities.
- Checks and inspects die for wear and maintenance issues.
- Evaluates problems and implements immediate solutions to reduce problem recurrence. Uses hand and hand power tools to disassemble die for cleaning and repair.
- Wipes and cleans die.
- Performs routine and complex repairs
- Sets up and operates various machine tools to make or repair tools, dies, fixtures and to sharpen tools.
- Performs setup and operation of grinders, drills, mills, lathes and various hand tools.
- Plans sequence of operations and performs one or more setups to accomplish required machining operations.
- Check blueprint and die specifications. Uses micrometer, calipers, and fixed or adjustable gauges as needed to insure specified tolerances are met or exceeded.
- Operates various machine tools to build dies, construct fixtures, fabricates prototypes and machine close tolerance metal parts. May make recommendations about design of die.
- Operates die lifter, lift truck, overhead or jib crane, and related material handling equipment to lift, move, and handle die; lifts, moves and handles items using safe lifting techniques.
- Performs routine operator maintenance to machines.
- Troubleshoots production lines, dies and other mechanical tooling. - Lubricates machine, checks oil levels, greases fittings, wipes spills, clears away scrap or trash.
- Maintains records related to die operations, quality, etc.
- Reviews records, notifies superior, or takes corrective action to maintain quality and production standards.
- Certified Journeyman Tool and Die Maker.
- Seven years of experience as a Tool and Die Maker.
- Ability to use a variety of tool room equipment.
- Read and understand Blue Prints, Piece Prints and GDT and understand and use a variety of measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.).
- Advanced Math skills including calculation of feeds, speeds and distances, print conversion and geometry.
- Good communication skills including the ability to receive and give oral and written instruction.
- Organizational skills to optimize output by planning and scheduling time and work.
- The ability to interface with customers, management, suppliers, and other employees.
Multiple positions available in the following locations: MI, OH, NY, TN, KY, IL, CA, OR, FL, WI, and CTApply for this position.