Tool & Die Maker (#9981) - Northeast IL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking 1st or 2nd shift Tool & Die Makers for a Metal Stamping facility located in Northeast IL.
Summary: Experienced Tool & Die Maker to build and maintain a wide range of progressive, compound, and secondary dies. Ability to prioritize/manage workload of existing jobs in the tooling area. 1st Shift or 2nd Shift with minimum of 40 hours per week and overtime available when needed. Reports directly to the Tool Room Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and troubleshoot new tooling per design requirements.
- Modify existing tooling per customer changes and requirements.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair tooling for continued operations of production orders.
- Perform changeovers on multiple part tooling.
- Support multiple company departments and divisions with any tooling needs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Required Experience/ Skills
- High School Diploma and TMA certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of Tool & Die experience
- Experience working in Manufacturing industry
- Knowledge and operation of all tool room equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions per ISO requirements
- Good written & verbal skills in English; Spanish Bilingual is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary