Tool & Die Maker (#9483) - TX
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Maker for a Metal Stamping facility in Texas.
This position is responsible for working in the tool room to maintain, repair and build tools to customer specifications in a safe and timely manner. The ideal candidate should have 5 years of experience working with short run and progressive tooling in manufacturing environment.
• The ability to read and understand blueprints & CAD files.
• Follow proper procedures and instructions to ensure quality and safety.
• Setup and operate CNC Equipment, Wire EDM, Vertical Machining Center.
• Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
• Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
• Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
• Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
• Functions as a team member within the department as well as cross-functionally as required, contributing design input into tooling, toot cause analysis and troubleshooting as necessary.
• Computer proficient to include web browser/internet search, MS Outlook, Word and Excel capabilities. Technical competence includes the ability to learn new software and systems; including AUTOCAD, SolidWorks, Esprit.
• Must have own tools.
• Work requires to be proficient with hands/feet and being able to stand for long periods of time.
• Good oral and written communication skills; detail to quality standards and ability to task concentrate.