Tool & Die Maker (#8879) - SC
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking multiple Tool & Die Makers for a Metal Stamping facility located in SC.
Design and build tools to specification required and set up tools and dies to produce parts to correct specification and make any mechanical adjustment required without technical instruction or assistance from supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and construct a wide variety of tools, dies, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances, or construct more complex units where design is available.
• Perform development work, layout and difficult tool room machine operations, fitting, timing and adjusting, e.g. combination dies for parts or irregular contour, box type drill jigs with difficult locating or nesting features, ordinary index milling fixtures.
• Assemble and disassemble progressive, form, draw, transfer and line dies as well as jigs and fixtures.
• Take direction from and interface with tooling team leaders, CNC operators, and tooling designers and engineers.
• Dismantles and repairs or replaces parts of damaged dies and fixtures, fits and assembles parts, and tests repaired dies for proper operation.
• Operates cranes safely to remove and/or relocate dies to specific work stations/equipment.
• Establishes and maintains an effective preventative maintenance program. Ensures all tools are properly fit for use.
• 5 - plus year’s die making and die repair experience required in an (automotive – preferred) manufacturing environment required; Journeyman card with a state approved apprenticeship completion required and/or an Associate’s degree in Engineering;
• Build experiences should be: Stamping dies; progressive, single stage, line and secondary set-up operation and experience required;
• Experienced crane and forklift operator