Tool & Die Maker (#8721) - CA
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Maker for a Metal Stamping facility located in CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes and interprets specifications, including blue prints, engineering sketches and verbal information.
- Sets up and operates all basic machine tools, mills, lathes, grinders, and machinist hand tools.
- Requires general knowledge of various tool steels and their application, and construction and maintenance of progressive metal stamping dies.
- General knowledge of jigs and fixtures, automated machinery and basic shop machine maintenance.
- Knowledge of shop inspection procedures, mechanical, optical and computer assisted measuring equipment.
- Capability to grind die components to +/-.0001” tolerance on tool steel and carbide strongly preferred.
- Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot precision, high- speed progressive dies.
- Understanding of SPC manufacturing environment.
- Two years technical school, five years of experience in tool and die making, specifically progressive tooling.
- Previous involvement with new product development activities including tooling and process advancement working closely with tool designers preferred.
- Managerial experience considered a plus.