Tool Design Engineer (#9599) - OR
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Tool Design Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility in OR.
• Design and detail a broad range of tooling, including progressive dies, injection molds, and gauges
• Plan, conduct research, and implement engineering assignments involving one or more medium impact and medium complexity tooling or blanking process projects
• Work on miscellaneous tooling or blanking process problems dealing with production down time, loss of or low efficiency, or quality deviations
• Identify and review technological sources of information and make recommendations on potential research projects with regard to tooling and/or blanking processes for the division/product line
• Create and maintain BOMs, prints and other technical documentation necessary to manufacture and operate tooling
• Participate in design reviews, and project coordination and critique
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of tooling and blanking processes to reduce production down time, improve efficiency, and reduce quality deviations.
• Interact with marketing, accounting, purchasing, manufacturing, product design and suppliers/customers, conveying information clearly and effectively through formal and informal documents
• Support other Engineers on significant projects.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5 or more years of experience in tool design and background in build, stamping, and blanking to include progressive die design, injection molds and gauges required
• Proficiency in SolidWorks 3-D modeling
• Knowledge of GD&T dimensioning
• Current with die/mold maintenance procedures and practices
• Experience with developing new tooling designs or major design upgrades for various types of tooling
• Familiar with Logopress and SAP
• Understanding of prototype tooling, cold forming and conceptual understanding of the design of manufacturing equipment or other machine tools