Tilt-Up Superintendent (#8066) - Tampa Area
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Traveling Superintendent - Immediate Need
Our client is a full service design/build general contractor with more than 20 years of experience providing clients with complete project delivery throughout the United States. If you are interested in our best-in-class merit based financial reward structure and are ready to take your career to the next level, consider joining our team.
We are seeking a Traveling Superintendent for our Tampa, FL office. The ideal candidate will have 10-20 years of experience working as a lead Superintendent on tilt wall construction projects. We are a growing national general contractor with a focus on light industrial, cold storage, and light manufacturing projects throughout the country.
The Superintendent is responsible for directly managing the construction and administrative activities associated with the field operations of a project. This person is also tasked with bringing the project to completion on schedule, within budget and per the project specifications. The Superintendent is in charge of enforcing all Safety and Quality Control policies and procedures and adhering to and implementing all company policies and regulations.
• Attend the post award review meeting to receive project information and details for preplanning prior to construction.
• Participate with the project manager in preparing a schedule of construction activities and their sequence, the organization structure, staff selection, and the manpower and construction equipment requirements of the project.
• Assure that adequate manpower is provided as required to meet construction schedules.
• Analyze construction equipment requirements and provide necessary equipment as required to utilize manpower efficiently, and release equipment when not required.
• Perform material and quantity estimates for each phase of work.
• Direct and control the total construction project to meet specifications and within the allotted time schedule in an efficient manner to produce the expected profit.
• Direct and supervise the activities of craft superintendents and/or foremen in the performance of their regular duties.
• Determine and convey to subordinates the most efficient construction techniques to be employed to assure quality and efficiency in construction.
• Assist in the activities of the project manager/engineer in their duties including prompt shipment of materials and permanent equipment, in obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples, in preparing and submitting all change orders.
• Direct all subordinates in promptly supplying all required accounting data, conforming to all company accounting and administrative procedures.
• Coordinate the activities of subcontractors to permit them to perform their work effectively and to integrate it with project schedules and progress.
• Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes.
• Review all request for change orders with the project manager to assure adequate provisions for direct costs, overhead, profit and time extensions are accounted for and are properly documented as well as that they are submitted promptly.
• Assist in the preparation of all job progress and cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs.
• Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, progress payment requests, and other significant reports and documents.
• Cooperate with the owner and his representatives, keeping them informed of construction progress.
• Cooperate with architects or owner representatives on an amicable basis, but in the long term interest of the company.
• Report regularly to the project manager to keep them constantly informed on job progress, plans, and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules.
• Maintain a daily diary to permanently record all significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements and approvals.
• Direct adherence to the company’s safety program in all phases and areas of the project.
• Become familiar with all company policies and adhere strictly to them in all activities and dealings, and require all employees to be aware of them and conform to them in their activities.
• Carry out any additional responsibilities assigned by the project manager.
The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
• 10-20 years experience as a lead superintendent on tilt-up construction projects, preferably on jobs that are a minimum of 100k sf.
• Able to make decisions under tight deadlines.
• Able to organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict.
• Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
• Computer skills: proficiency using Word, Excel, Outlook and project scheduling programs.
• Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
We Offer a Competitive Benefit Package that Includes
• Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 1 Month Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Bonuses based on individual and project performance