Technical Sales Representative (#8572) - Vancouver Canada
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
Under the guidance of the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for promoting and selling Segmental Retaining Wall, Paving and Landscape, Dry Mix, CMU, and other related products. The target market will be the design community including specifies, architects, engineers, and developers. The position will also require onsite support for contractors and installers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contact customers in person and by telephone. Customers include architects, engineers, city building officials, contractors, etc.
• Educates potential customers regarding the company’s complete product line.
• Provide job leads and quotation to customer base.
• Delivers samples to customers and potential customers as requested.
• Performs post-bid job follow-up.
• Informs dealers of new products, helps build contractor network, and assist in marketing and promotion of products.
• Participates in industry trade shows to promote the company’s products.
• Attends in-house sales meeting and contractors’ meetings.
• Performs required paperwork and maintain job tracking file.
• Post secondary education with emphasis in business, engineering, architecture or construction is preferred.
• Two years sales experience with a minimum of one year of experience in the concrete block, retaining wall and/or dry mix industry is an asset.
• Training and experience are interchangeable on a year for year basis.
• Ability to operate personal computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine and any other office equipment required to perform duties including Microsoft office, Word, and Excel. SAP knowledge is an asset.
• Knowledge of construction, ability to read plans, and working knowledge of codes and standards preferred.
• Requires strong written and oral communication, mathematical and problem solving skills.
• A Valid driver’s license is required.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lifting up to 80 pounds.
• Office building and construction jobsites
• Moderate noise.
• Outdoor weather conditions