Superintendent for Concrete (#8360) - Bay Area, CA
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Self-Perform GC seeks Superintendent for Concrete
The Superintendent is responsible for promoting and ensuring site safety, and a comprehensive knowledge for the day-to-day field operations for their assigned project(s) including planning, coordinating, sequencing work, procurement of materials, and supervising subcontractors and vendors to ensure the work is completed on time, within budget, while adhering to quality standards.
SALARY: $150K - $190K
- Promotes safety and site cleanliness on job site and implements, enforces, and effectively manages safety policy and procedures.
- Provides a detailed coordinated breakdown of subcontractor's daily work activities, and distributes to subcontractors on a weekly basis.
- Manages and publishes subcontractor’s schedule on a weekly basis and reviews at the subcontractor meeting.
- Manages changes in schedule and changes in scope.
- Ensures that LDRs are completed regularly and uses LDRs to project gains/losses.
- Accurately records the day-to-day happenings on the job site, understands the necessity of daily logs, and instills the responsibility to the entire project team.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding the sequencing of work.
- Understands, comprehends, and follows Labor Trade Contracts, and has knowledge of Dual Gate Systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of different formwork and construction systems and facilitates the interaction between those systems.
- Determines man lifts required by OSHA and understands vertical transportation requirements.
- Evaluates all hoisting requirements for the job; sizes and places cranes accordingly.
- Organize and layout project site logistics: Entrances/exits for loading and offloading, man lift/loading dock, crane location, site security fencing, dumpsters, pedestrian protection, SWPPP, lighting, specific staging requirements, concrete pumps, ready-mix staging, signage, parking, temporary utilities, etc
- General understanding and function of the building BMS and the timing for its start-up during the TCO/commissioning process.
- Thoroughly understands all Fire/Alarm/Safety Systems and their sequencing in the construction process and relationship to TCO.
- Develops and implements a QA/QC program and oversees execution of the Punch List Program.
- Schedules tests and complete all commissioning to meet schedule and specification requirements.
- Effectively measures quality and craftsmanship.
- Ensures required inspections are scheduled, coordinated, and performed, tracked and closed out.
- Manages the job required special inspections and job permit sign off.
Understands the local regulation for disposal of groundwater and any requirements of the local code/authority/soils report.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Understands control costs using the LDR.
- Must be able to understand and read drawings and specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of Division 1 requirement.
- Ability to fully quantify work based on plans and assumptions of the design intent.
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint); Knowledge of Adobe and Visio preferred.
Have an operating knowledge of the company standard software for project scheduling; P3/Sure Trak/P6.
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Serves as company interface between Owner-Architect-Company Team and is responsible for developing leadership, motivation, and communication with owners, subcontractors, and project team and is accountable for their actions.
- Effectively manages problem prevention strategies to limit reactionary practices.
- Selects, supervises, trains, motivates, assigns, counsels, and disciplines staff.
- Ensures project goals and expectations are realistic, achievable, and revisited/revised at appropriate times during the life of the project.
- Clearly defines goals, understands audiences, manages productive meetings, and manages and builds team morale.
- Ability to address an audience of various sizes and effectively communicate his/her message and ideas.
- Ability to write clear and concise thoughts in a professional manner.
Excellent written and oral communicator.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or equivalent.
- Min 8 years of increasingly responsible construction experience, to include at least 2years as a Foreman or 4years as an Assistant Superintendent.
- Possession of a valid driver license
OSHA - 30
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.Apply for this position.